Work on the house is progressing...slowly.
Mostly, it's the lights. This will be my first electrified house, so not only am I learning the basics, but dollhouse lights can be fiddly little things with finicky plugs (I considered battery-operated lights, but they would have eaten half the budget).
Order lights...wait for them to arrive...wait for back-ordered transformer to arrive...find out it doesn't work...wait for return authorization form to arrive...replacement doesn't work...finally get one that does...discover 2 of the lights don't work...more waiting for replacements...and I'm still waiting on ceiling roses I ordered ages ago, since I will need to thread the wires through them before I can do the ceilings.
No wonder it can take several years to build a dollhouse.
However, I have had no problems with the first staircase, and really like how it turned out: