Translate

Sunday, August 31, 2014

The Floor Plan


Hi everyone - there will be a proper update soon. In the meantime, here's a shot I took while working on bedroom layouts (just so you know I have, in fact, been working on the house).

The interiors haven't been installed in this picture, but it does show the room configuration - two bedrooms on one side,  the kitchen and bathroom on the other, and a big living/dining room in the middle.

The house that inspired this project is one room deeper in real life, and the bathroom is probably between the bedrooms (I found a floor plan for a very similar house about 30 miles away, built around the same time, that has this configuration). But, this dollhouse has a fairly large footprint, and I haven't even mounted it on a base yet. Knowing I needed to keep the project a manageable size, I shrank the house's depth by several inches during the planning stages. Hence the need to place the bathroom next to the kitchen.

More to come.

P.S. I am still having issues with not being able to comment on blogs (and often have trouble reading a select few of them). If you are on my blog list and have updated in the past few months, I am definitely keeping up on your work.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Anna,
    I can't wait to see more of the project. The divisions look great!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Giac! I'm almost done installing the interior walls and should be able to post more pictures soon.

      Delete