Translate

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Bit by Bit

Yesterday I painted the fireplace mantels, taking a stab at faux marble. I had some metallic silver primer, so I used that as a base, then brushed on a thin coat of white paint, which gave me a nice shimmery light-gray base. I went with a bolder look with thick veins in three different shades of gray, followed it all up with some clear sealer, and really like how they turned out. Pictures will follow when I can finally buy the fireboxes I want; the fireplaces don't look quite right empty.

Today I made the biggest piece for the Greenleaf Spring Fling contest - I've been putting it off for a while and it took a few hours, but it was worth it. Sorry - no peeks!

I also got something special today - a tiny Paris street sign from Petite Brocante Minis! It got a little bent in the mail, but a couple of days under a stack of hardcover books will fix that. Although this is going to be a French-style house, I haven't decided where the house is meant to be geographically, so it'll either be on the front of the house or displayed as wall art inside; I probably won't decide until the house is complete. Susanne kindly honored my unusual instructions for addressing the package (long story), and even threw in a tiny Eiffel Tower figurine! I'm going to build in a wall niche somewhere to display it. Thank you, Susanne!

No comments:

Post a Comment