Translate

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Greenleaf Spring Fling 2012

As mentioned long ago, I ordered and built Greenleaf's 2012 Spring Fling kit, with the skylight upgrade. I never actually got around to posting pictures of it anywhere...until today. 

I decided not to enter the contest because I know this piece isn't pretty or impressive (have you seen the Spring Fling entries? They're all brilliant) - and it's not meant to be.

This piece represents someplace I lived a long time ago, when I was very young, very broke, and spent as much time somewhere else as possible.

Try, if you can, to imagine a former storage room converted into a tiny apartment. There was no kitchen, just a sink and a fridge (but it's not like I knew how to cook at age 19 anyway...). There was a bathroom, but it was one floor down and shared. You'll have to imagine the hooks on the back wall that held my clothes. And as long as you're imagining things, please humor me by imagining the New York skyline in the background (and I don't mean glamorous New York, I mean gritty New York).

All I needed was music and a place to sleep. (And a skylight. How could I live in a grimy urban loft and not have a skylight?)



No comments:

Post a Comment